I Need To Forgive

Forgiveness opens doors.  Forgiveness is for my growth and happiness.  It sets me to live in the present.  It aids healing and well being.  It frees my soul of any earthly burdens.  When I am healed, it brings unspoken peace that helps me to go on with the journey in life.

I must not be ashamed to initiate 'I am sorry.  Please forgive me'.  When I can do that, I am accepting my flaws.  I am taking full responsibility on my actions and I have chosen not to push blame.  

I am acknowledging that I am the problem and that I have a role in contributing it.  Everything in life has two sides.  One does not exist without the other.

Yes, forgiveness is a choice.  Sometimes it is a difficult choice.  To resist to forgive is to consent my ego to control me.  I am drowning myself to live in anger, bitterness and rage.  Doing so, I am not empowering myself to be human, to be kind and compassionate to one another.

It shall do me good that I ask myself 'Why forgive?'.  I have to find the insights and be at peace with the terms.  I have to free myself from the weeds of unforgiveness and bitterness that prisons my heart.

Forgiveness is not about forgetting the wrong.  Forgiveness is not about going back to the past.  It is designed to show what is love.  To let me feel what is compassion.  To provide me a better world to live in.  To teach humility in me to become a human.

Forgiveness is an act of love and strength.  It is the greatest gift I can give to myself.  A gift from which no one benefits more than myself.  Mother Theresa says 'If we really want to love, we must learn how to forgive'.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself