The Divine In Me Greets The Divine in You

Yes, I have hurt others.  Yes, others have hurt me too.  One hand can't clap; it takes two to tango.   But today, I want to go past that.  I want to ask for forgiveness.  I want to forgive too.  Today, I shall focus on doing just that.

Today, I stand with my humility and be one with all humankind.  Today, I am letting my ego down and render my hands to another soul.  Today, let the divinity within me greets another divinity,  all in the name of love for humanity.  Today, I seek forgiveness with another soul and all souls.

Forgiveness elevates sufferings.  It reduces and eliminates resentments.  It promotes feelings of goodwill.  It makes moving past negative emotions easy.  Forgiveness is not a sign of weakness, submission or both.  It does not mean forgetting or pardoning an offence.

Forgiving can be hard but not forgiving hurts more.  Not forgiving, or be forgiven, paralyzes me from moving forward.  It makes me a prisoner of blame and a mind of bitterness.  It erodes love in my heart and not doing good to my soul.

I am an imperfect being and, surely, I have hurt others knowingly and unknowingly.  I should not hesitate to ask for forgiveness.  Nor should I be reluctant to grant forgiveness.  When I can do that, when I let the divine in me to greet the divine in another, it frees hostility and all its unhealthy consequences.

Forgiveness does not mean forgetting.  It is not accepting, justifying or overlooking an event either.  As a weak human, I may not be able to forget but I should focus to remember on the act of forgiveness more.  That, when I hurt others or that others hurt me, forgiveness is the first thing I do to set myself free.

Dear one and dear all - 'I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me'.  To those who forgive me and can forgive me, 'Thank you, Thank you, Thank you'.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself