Be A Blessing

I have to assure myself that I am never in poverty.  In good faith, everyone has too much of something, whether it is time, talent or treasure.  For its authenticity and to be grateful in life, I should not have a poverty mentality.

With that state of mind, I will be able to open my heart and be able to give back.  I have to find the joy in giving something back.  It is said that "your greatness is not what you have, it is what you give".

The act to give is to live lives to be a blessing and be useful.  It shall enrich my soul as well to the receiver.  It makes me to acknowledge that life is bigger than me.  That life is not all about me.  I have to think beyond me.

I have to consider other people in this world.  Should I want to live fully as possible, I have to make space for them, their troubles and their joy in my heart.  What would I do for my beloved, the people to whom I care and love?  Would I not give them to share my life, knowing that time is precious?

What I can give may not be in monetary terms.  It can be as simple as a smile.  It can be my time.  It can be of sharing information.  It can also be the offering of a prayer.  These little little things are noble because of their beauty, because of the fact that they connect me back to gratitude, and to love.  

At the end of the day, it is not about what I have or even what I have accomplished.  It is about who I have lifted, who I have made better.

Making that effort and space by giving back in some capacity is a sign of appreciation.  It is living to the desire of God for better humans relations.  Giving back is a deed to learn and recognize how far I have respected life.  That, in doing so, I demonstrated my faith.

'Charity starts at home' but it does not need to stay there.  No one has ever become poor by giving.  You and I will leave our collection of luggages and not bring everything back when we leave this Earth.

Giving back opens up a wealth of possibilities.  It rekindles relationships.  It represents the triumph of hope.  It reaches a wound that only compassion can heal.  The beauty in all of these is with the acceptance of abundances.  As Albert Einstein said "Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile".

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself