Today Is Important

This is a beautiful simple quote with such an amazing deep message.  It will be good that I think of it carefully and take heart.  It is good that I understand it and get to be real with reality.  Buddha says 'The trouble is, you think you have time'.  

Indeed, there are many times that I have taken my life for granted.  That I dismiss not to carry out doing things as the mind thinks there will always be tomorrow.  That I ignore to follow my heart and missed the boat.  That I disregard my intuition and lost an opportunity.  That, I think I have forever.  Reality is, I don't.

The more I procrastinate, the more that things do not get to complete.  Likely they will be left on the shelves and, a high chance, they get overlooked.  I have to know that opportunities are not things to be waited for, they are something to be pursued and worked on.  

My mind, conveniently, forgets that I cannot turn back the hands of time.  I have to live as though today is my last day.  When I remind myself of that, I will live my life to the fullest.  Surely, there will be things that I want to achieve.  Surely, I would want to make things good and right.

I have been given the wonder of today to use it as I will.  I can waste it or I can use it for good.  Today is a good day for a good day.  What I do today is important.

I have to focus on today, not yesterday and not tomorrow.  No one lives forever and all things come to an end eventually.  It will do me good should I live to ponder with Steve Jobs' quote - 'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?'

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself