The Hard Truth

When I say 'I know', do I really know?  What am I trying to imply?  Can I accept there are gaps in my knowledge?  When I say 'I know so-and-so', do I really know that person in and out?  When I say 'Oh yes, I know what you are saying', do I know how he or she truly feels inside him or her and the real context?

All my life, I am half baked.  What I think I know, I actually do not know.  I am only conveying, expressing, sharing and stating a little of the big thing.  Most time, this deliverance of a 'little of the big thing' is of a personal view based on a personal experience, even when it is of an objective topic.

Knowledge is too huge for a human to understand it all.  It is as vast as the universe.  A mind can only comprehend so much in one lifetime.  A mind has limits in the ability to digest information.  

The five senses and how the mind processes information are designed for survival rather than seeing reality.  What is out there may not be what the senses and mind think it is.

To accept this hard truth, I have to think on the impact of my words.  I have to know what is knowing and what is understanding.  I have to separate between knowledge and insight.  Insight, however, can be shattered by too much information which the mind may not digest all data fully.

'I know' is often destroyed by over-analysis.  The brain is not an intelligent organ and it cannot absorb and store the huge volume of data.  The brain, at some point, experiences fatigue.  Most time, the brain is making an educated guesses - it combines data here and there to make it sound appropriate and relevant.

I must not fall victim with my intellect. Too much to claim that 'I know' is a knowledge trap of my ego.  Thinking that I know it all is analysis paralysis.  Socrates - the Philosopher, says 'The only thing I know is that I know nothing'.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself