Have I Been Paying Attention?

How much do I pay attention to everything that is happening with me?  Do I take stock of my experiences, thoughts and emotions?  Am I aware of all the wear and tear on all the material things I own in the house?

While I have been telling myself to be responsible, and to take charge on my responsibilities, have I been taking things for granted?  Do I assume that everything in my life is well and good?  Do I take my loved ones for granted?  Do I take my happiness, health and peace for granted?

When I do not pay attention with what I have, it is obvious that I am taking things for granted.  It is an irresponsible habit that can lead me to behave in careless ways.  Or, it might lead me to mistreat something that is precious.  When I lack gratitude for not paying attention, I may land myself with being selfish.

Taking things for granted can take away my joy.  While I should not be a control freak, it is also important that I do not let life just pass me by.  I have to find the middle ground, the balance.  

I have to be aware of the things that are around around me.  When there is love, nothing is too much trouble.  When there is love, I will be a better human and consciously to keep the harmony in life.

I have to learn to appreciate what I have.  I must have gratitude.  Gratitude is the gift that keeps on giving.  With it, I shall find purpose.  With it, I find myself and know who I am.  With it, I shall learn to let go and appreciate the good rather than hold onto things that no longer serve me.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself