Is It Important To Be Right?

Intellect can drive my smart alec attitude off the wall.  When it is not controlled, it is an arrogant attitude as though I know everything and anything.  But, do I really know everything and anything under the stars?  Intellect is a tricky thing; it is just as good as an illusion.  The more that I think I know, the more I know nothing.

Intellect is not wisdom.  Wisdom not only knows but it also understands.  And, the distinction between knowing and understanding is what makes things, life in general, interesting.  Intellect is generally factual.  It has no emotions, no understanding.

Would I rather be right or would I rather be happy?  Is there a need to be right all the time?  What is right for me may not be right for somebody else.  There will always be different perspective on any given subject.  I cannot be mindless to think there has to be one absolute truth when I do not know what truth is.

The need to be right at all time is one form of fixed mindset.  It has to do with my ego that does not recognize acceptance and respect for others.  I need to give up the compulsion to be right.  It does not serve and only hampers my personal growth.

I have to listen to my words and hear the tone.  Is the tone and my words sound to seek that I am 'more right' compared to somebody else?  When I hold onto my strong  opinions, it gives me the illusion of knowledge.  

I have to prioritize kindness, consideration and respect when I talk to people.  When I do not, I am feeding my mind and not living with my soul.  In any form of communication, it is always better to understand others rather than trying to be right.  The need to be right makes me forget to be human.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself