Don't Let Greed Eat Me

I have to be thankful with whatever that I have, however small it may be.  Even though I may want a little bit more, or a little better, I should not be full of greed.  I should not let greed get the best of me.  I must not let it consume me.

I have to know why I want more.  I have to strive hard to earn things but not be greedy.  Do I want more out of greed or necessity?  While it is good to strive to improve and to have a little more but to be greedy is another thing.  Greed does not know how to maintain boundaries.  It compromises moral values and ethics.

When there is greed, it makes me to ignore the love I have in favour of what I can never attain.  Greed becomes a problem when I have enough and are willing to do nearly everything to achieve even more.  Greed does not make me to be contented with what I have.  My needs should be limited and my wishes should be in control.

The energy of greed is a bottomless pit.  It exhausts an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.  Rumi says 'Greed makes man blind and foolish, and makes him an easy prey for death'.  When greed is stronger than compassion, there will always be suffering.

Should I want to be greedy, let it be a greed for knowledge.  Let it be a greed for joy towards fulfilling a contented life.  Let it be for peace.  Let it be for understanding.  The greed to live life with love, and only love, will soothe my soul.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself