The Only Crime Is Pride

I have to let go all attachments to label and status.  So what if I have a good career, good education, thousands of followers on social media.  Or I drive a big car.  Or I live in a big house.  Having too much pride will not guarantee that I can be humble.  Having too much pride, very often, clouds judgment.

Man, in general, is not capable to stay on top forever.  How smart a squirrel is to jump from one tree to another, one day it loses control.  There is a limit for everything.  It is just the law of physics.  Pride will take me nowhere.  Pride is the death of a thinking mind that drains life completely.

It is important that I stay humble.  Being ignorant to think that I am better, that I think I know much more, can lead me to my downfall.  When pride takes control, there is no room for acceptance.  At its worst, there is a refusal to accept any other person's point of view.

I must not be jealous over someone else's success.  When there is jealousy, pride destroys relationship.  It puts barrier which ultimately affects living in harmony.  Too much pride blocks awareness of the simple reality.

While I can be proud of my accomplishments, it has to be in a healthy way.  Too much to be proud of them is arrogant.  Accomplishments come and go and I have to break the attachment behaviour.  Should I brag too much, not letting it go, pride will create huge blind spot on me.

It will be my pride that ultimately separates me from others.  I have to learn to keep my pride down.  As C S Lewis says, 'Pride is spiritual cancer:  It eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense'.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself