Truth Be Told

I have sins of my own to count.  I argue and I have anger.  I criticise and I judge.  I have lied.  My ego makes me think that I am better than many.  My intellect tells me that I know a lot more.  I make promises and break them.

There are people that are hurt by me, mentally and emotionally.  I make them to be upset.  I make them to be angry.  I make them to feel uncomfortable.  Surely, there are people who dislike and hate me.

Without me realizing, my bad behaviour has to do with my insecurity.  It has to do with my ego that wants to control.  It has to do with the lack of empathy and understanding.  I am loving myself too much that I am over protecting myself but in a nasty way.  I become inconsiderate, selfish and self centered.

I must address my bloated self esteem, my arrogant self important.  I have to learn to be humble.  I need to be aware that I will never be the Mr-know-all.  I cannot be the smartest when knowledge is too huge to comprehend.  I forget that I do not utilize 100 percent of my brainpower, and will never will.

I have to learn to say sorry.  Sorry should not be the hardest word should I want to live a balanced life.  Apologizing helps to repair relationship.  It is an act to make humans to feel comfortable with each other.  A sincere apology allows me to let others know that I am not proud of what I did.

'I am sorry' carries a lot of weight when it is purely genuine.  Saying it, from the bottom of my heart, requires vulnerability to admit my wrong doings.  To be truly sorry means I am feeling deep regret over an unfortunate situation and my role in it.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself