I Do Not Want To Be Perfect

I am not perfect and that is the real me.  Nor do I want to be perfect.  To be perfect is to live a life in an imaginary ideal world.  But, my world is not imaginary nor it is perfectly ideal.  Striving for perfection is stressful and I do not want to live a stressful life.

When I stop striving for perfection, I can be less worried and be a happy person.  To pursue a perfect life, I create unrealistic expectations from myself, without realizing it much.  Perfectionism steals away the meaning on life as it constantly remind me that I will never be good enough.

I do not want to be right either.  Being right inflates my sense of self worth, my undying ego.  It is an unhealthy feeling that wreak havoc on my relationship with others.  To think that I am right, and always have to be right, fails me from acknowledging that life is far from perfect.

What I should live for is to make things right.  To make things right for me and not for someone else.  I have to live to make myself happy first.  I have to live to understand what is love, to me first.  There will always be two sides of a coin.  There will always be a different take on what is right.

I have to tame my ego to be humble.  Truth is, I do not know what I do not know.  Hence, how can I think that I am always right?  I have to let go the need to be right all the time.  It is well and good when I can admit I can be wrong.  There is no shame about that.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself