Dealing With Criticism

Why is it hard to accept criticism?  Why do I see it as an act of insult?  Why do I feel hurt when my actions are being commented?  Am I so perfect that no one has the right to correct me and voice their harsh opinions?  Nonetheless, there is a thin line between giving constructive criticism and throwing under the bus.  

Should I want to change, I should take criticism with an open mind.  I have to accept it constructively, positively.  This is one way that I can make things right for me.  It is how I will be able to see and realize on my weaknesses.  On my errors and mistakes.

When my actions are being commented, I should acknowledge it as helpful feedback.  I should not get too personal on the remarks when the (higher) intention is about a change.  I can learn from criticism.  Being humble goes a long way.  There is no need to be angry nor be resentful.

The more I get defensive, how else would I identify my weaknesses?  Learning to accept constructive criticism helps me.  When someone is criticizing me, I have to turn it into positive.  He or she is helping me to be better human being, hopefully.  I should not be angry but thankful.

There is no point to lash back.  There is no need to get defensive.  I have to accept that criticism is an honest way to spur me to do better.  It is an opportunity for me to improve even though criticism can be hurtful and demoralizing.  But, it will not be hurtful or demoralizing should I want to be a better person.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself