Because I Love You

There have to be meanings for everything.  They are the main ingredients to make lives meaningful.  Having a sense of meaning brings fulfillment with purpose.  They make lives useful.  And, to make my life to be useful, I have to love my purpose.  I have to love all the best possible meanings for all my thoughts and actions.

Because I love my parents, for example, I will do whatever to make us happy a lifetime.  Because I love God, I ask Him to provide peace in my life.  Because I love life and I wish to find the how to make me happy.  Because I love you and I must live to be good at loving you.

There is nothing in the world I would not do because of love.  In the endless pursuit of happiness, happiness should not be the goal.  By itself, happiness does not give a full meaning to life.  It is merely a by-product of being useful.

What really makes me happy is when I can be useful, when I am useful.  When I can create something to bring meaning to myself and the world.  When I create usefulness to something and be a blessing to everything.  

Ralph Waldo Emerson, a philosopher, wrote 'The purpose of life is not to be happy.  It is to be useful, to be honourable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well'.

I must ask myself what am I doing that is making a difference?  I do not have to change the world but I need to do the little useful things should I want to love life, to love myself and to love others.

Just like the love I am receiving from God; just like the love my parents nurtures in me and just like the love from the people that truly love me.  It is the usefulness, out of love, that makes me to love this life.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself