Accepting The Flaws

When I fully accept my flaws - the errors, the mistakes and all the wrong doings - within me, the lighter I shall feel.  But, I cannot lightly accept them.  It has to be done with full wanting, full realization and full acceptance.  I must not give excuses for my bad attitudes, bad behaviours and bad manners.

Acceptance is a tricky word.  It is an active verb to mean that I have to know what I really am.  That, I have to take it in and be non judgmental about myself (and others).

I have to look into my attitudes, behaviours and manners.  In the way I think, the way I speak and how I act and react to every situations.  Is my body language showing compassion?  What about the tone of my voice?  Is it a tone of arrogance?  What about my words?  Are they encouraging and positive?  When communicating, do I engage or do I debate?

Should I want to reform, I have to accept the ways of my actions.  How aware am I with my own outward bearing, the ways of behaving, towards others?  How can I ever know and do I know?  

Putting a barrier between me and my ego would help me.  But, how acquaint am I with my ego?  The insistence to look into my bad attitudes, behaviours and manners makes my acceptance on my flaws a big flop.

I have to look deep and deeper.  I cannot be thinking that I am always good, always right, always in the know and always loving and caring.  Unless I walk with wings of an angel and a mind of super intelligence, I ought to accept that I am a flawed human.  That, my earthly duty is to take courage to accept my flaws.

When I learn to love myself and accept my flaws, I can love other people so much better.  Right now, I have to recognize and embrace these flaws so that I can learn from them.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself