I Need To Know

To be a good human, I need to know what empathy is.  To be a better human, I have to comprehend what suffering is.  I cannot think I know and yet be oblivious to sense other people's thinking and, more importantly, their feelings.  Thinking and knowing are totally different.  And, I should not even try at assuming.

To understand another, I have to know how he or she feels.  Do I have the ability to identify and understand another person's emotions?  Does my limited experience qualify me that I truly care for others, the way my intellect thinks I do?  Do I react with others with my IQ or EQ?  Am I swayed by arrogance to think my intellect knows it all, all the time?

I have to find time to know and how much I know.  Have I really gone through the feeling of abandonment, betrayal, hurt, neglected, pain (the list goes on) before?  Have I dealt with grief of losing a loved one?  

Have I been misjudged, threatened and struggled to prove my innocence?  Have I been without money? It is good that I find time to ponder on everything about life.  The more I recognize hardship, the better I think.

Sympathy is good but when I am unable to relate myself deep with another, I fail to grasp what life is.  When I cannot fully follow the emotions, I might have a problem to accept the situation.  Likely, I will make assumption and make a bad judgement.

I have to live knowing that I have limitations.  But, my limitation must not limit me to do something great everyday.  I must live to be kind, be loving and be useful to another soul.  I have to think the little things that I can do are not tiny matters.  May the blessings be.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself