Bye Bye Self Pity

Self pity is a human thing and I should not let the feeling to destroy me.  It is an indulgence into a state of being where there is something just not right with the way to live.  It is a sorry feeling to get attention that can backfire.  Sadly, too much of self pity is not healthy.

Self pity can ruin my well being.  It is a self destructive emotion where I will likely grow to believe there is not anyone or anything that can help me to feel better.  Self pity creates an unhealthy cycle.  

I will grow to believe any effort I put, into changing my life, will be useless.  It can lead where I will not take any action and I will stay stuck in a dark place.

I should not allow any sad or unfortunate circumstances to weigh me down.  To feel sadness is a normal healthy emotion.  But when I deeply choose to feel sorry for myself, I am not doing any good.  

Should I trap myself to feel that way, I make myself a helpless victim.  I am being dramatic to magnify my misfortune and experience a sense of hopelessness and helplessness.

Instead punishing myself with self pity, I should turn any mishaps or setbacks into gratitude.  With gratitude, I will learn to be proactive with life and fix all the sad and unfortunate circumstances.  Life will help me when I help myself.

I have to know that life loves me and it shall be wise that I reciprocate it.  I should not let my negativity dominate my thoughts.  I must take the positive action I need to solve my problems, cope with my discomfort and develop a healthier outlook.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself