The Blessings

It is wise that I end my day, every day, with a reflection.  How the day had been?  What memories do I want to cherish?  What have I learned?  What do I want to surrender?  Why do I have to let go certain things?

This exercise does not have to be extensive.  But, it has to be done mindfully.  There are just so many things that I can appreciate on a daily basis that I should not take them for granted.  The smallest things do count too.

To make a special effort to appreciate the good things is a connection back to the Divine.  It is an act where I acknowledge my blessings.  It is a grateful gesture to reminisce the day's experiences, bad and good.  It is to help me to be open to accept for more opportunities ahead.

Counting blessings becomes necessary not only for positive thinking but for the need of reassurance.  It is helping me to be grateful for what I have experienced and to caste away negative thoughts.  To count the blessings daily will make me to realize the good things I have and how much worse things could be.  Doing it will be good for my psyche.

Practically, it is good for my mental health and behavioural pattern.  Counting my blessings essentially will make me to see the good in all circumstances.

As the author Og Mandino says 'Count your blessings.  Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage and confidence'.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself