Listening To Others

When I want to listen to others, I must not make it about me.  I should not clamour for my voice to be heard.  My intellect, while I am listening to them, should not tell me I have better experience or knowledge.  I need to be aware not to let my ego to take over to control the situation.  

Listening to others is attending to them and I should not be switching the topic by telling my stories.  And voicing unnecessary stories which are not related and have little reference.  

I need to learn to listen by keeping quiet and avoid rattling off quick responses.  My mind and my heart have to be with them and allowing their stories to be digested into my consciousness.

Real honest listening requires my whole heart, body and being.  It requires my presence.  When I am not consciously present, I am unavailable to listen, understand and connect.

Listening to others is an attitude of the heart.  Is love.  Is respect.  Is kindness.  It is to understand another person's perspective.  It is also about teaching me things that I may not have known.  The more I listen, I will learn something new too.

There is beauty in listening.  The beauty of listening is where I listen with the intent to understand.  Listening with love can transform the quality of communication.  It formulates quality relationship.  It creates the bonding of soul to soul.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself