When Silence Is Golden

I will go nowhere in this world should I think I am better than everyone else.  That I think I know more than everyone else.  That I assume my knowledge on all subjects is more than everyone else.  That I believe my experiences are far greater than everyone else.

Should my ego is uncontrollable, it is the beginning of my troubles.  Ego overshadows everything.  It takes away the sense of rationality.  It forces me to make everything about myself.

I have to listen to myself, my words and my tone.  I have to observe my body language, my facial expressions.  When I talk, must I be heard at any cost?  Can I see the positive in others or do I prefer to see only the worst in them?

When I want to learn new things, I need to let go of my ego.  Too much ego makes me stubborn and that stops me from listening to others.  It drives me not to ask for help from people who might know better than me.

I must learn to be humble, and stay humble, regardless of what I have in my life.  It is ok to expose my vulnerable side.  It is ok to be silent.  When silence is golden, it is where my soul gains control of my ego.  My ego can take away so many beautiful things in life.  It can affect the way I live.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself