Learn To Value Yourself

It was penned by one US President that ‘all men are created equal’.

I do not have the wisdom to elaborate on it but that phrase, in itself, holds dear in my heart.  It makes sense to me.  It gives me the insight on how to live my life.  It gives me the assurance to hold sanity to my mind and soul.

My success and my failure, in life, are my doing.  I have to take full responsibility and no one is to blame.  Blaming others for my mistakes only reflects on my shortcomings, my bad as a human.  It shows my inability to take charge on all my actions.  It reveals my poor, flimsy attitude and negative character.

Should I succeed, or I fail, is because I am allowing it to happen.  It happens because I lose the sight that all Man is equal, that each human is born with equal potentials, with a pure soul.  In any of our imperfections, we are created equal.  When I acknowledge it, I will live a gracious life.  With such acceptance, I become socially aware and I will have positive impact upon myself.

Should I fail, it is because I do not take my actions seriously.  It is my doing where I am taking all responsibilities towards my life too lightly.  I do not have strong conviction and commitment to carry out the tasks.  I do not have focused goals nor do I know what I want in life.  Plainly, I do not put value on life.

Should I succeed, I recognize the desire to set my life right.  I give myself the most beautiful gift where I treasure the times of my life.  Where every moments count.  Where every single opportunity created is to benefit my growth.  Where I recognize when nobody is helping me, I have to do it alone.  Realistically, I put value on my life.

Certain situations must happen so that the true intentions can be shown.  It is how life, in general, works.  When I am cutting people from my life, for example, it does not mean that I dislike them.  It simply means I want to love myself more.  It is okay to miss people but I must not ever forget why I distanced myself.

When I am not participating in any social events, it does not mean that I hate them.  Again, it simply means I want to love myself more.  Sometimes life does not give me what I want, not because I do not deserve it but because I deserve so much more.  The more I get to love myself, the kinder I will be in life.

I have to learn to cultivate values for myself.  It is a way to be in love with the Self.  It is okay to make a decision that will hurt my heart but it helps to heal my soul, in return.  What is important is where I let kindness and compassion be the guiding forces to shape the quality on my life.

It is wise should I accept myself, love myself and keep moving forward.  Should I want to fly, I have to give up what weighs me down.  It is wise that I see the wrong in me first before I see the wrong in others.  I have to take care of my thoughts when I am alone.  I have to take care of my words when I am with people.

I have to value the Self in order for Life to protect me.  I am better off changing my mind than hoping something will eventually happen.  I am better off starting over than continuing something that no longer serves me.

Life does not allow me to go back and fix what I have done wrong in the past.  Instead, it does allow me to live each day better than my last.  It is a choice I have to make to add value.  Constantly, I have to ask myself, ‘what do I need most in my life right now?’.

However, it is crucial that I remind myself not to be my own competitor.  It is not about me trying to prove me and downplay my past.  All that I need to do, to add value to the Self, is to learn to improve.  I have to know that the Self is born with joy built in.  The Self came into the world with light and the soul saw me as perfect.

I must learn to speak in such a way that others love to listen to me.  I must learn to choose my words carefully.  I must learn to listen in such a way that others love to speak to me.  Life is like a boomerang and I need to know that people will treat me exactly how I feel about them.

I cannot always have a good day.  It is against the law of duality.  But, I can always face a bad day with a good attitude.  I must not be the person who has a lot to say about life but be that someone who has never lived it.

All Man is created equal.  All Man is mirror to each other.  What I send out, it comes back to me.  What I sow, it reaps.  What I give, I get.  What I see in others, exists in me too.  It is said there is no body out there.

The difference is my creed.  The difference is the way I assume my role as a human being.  The difference is the way I think.  I do not want to get to the end of my life and find that I have just lived the length of it.  I want to have lived the width of it as well.

I have to learn not to be afraid to lose people but to be more afraid of losing myself trying to please everyone around me.  Should I do that, I have not learned to value myself.  Everything in my life is a reflection of a choice I once made.  Should I want different results, I have to make different choices.

Loving the Self is the biggest value I can give to myself.  Life is too huge and I cannot control everything that happens to me.  However, I can control how I respond.  Should I do not value the Self, feel blessed and get inspired, I am not living a life.

Instead, I live a life of a prisoner where I am not ready to make things right.  I am not ready to value the Self.  Is this what I want for the Self?  I should not, strictly, be chasing pleasure.  To be human, I have to chase purpose too.

Tony Robbins, an American author, coach and motivational speaker once said ‘No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying’.  The one that is trying is the one that has learned to value the Self, the Soul.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining