For The Joy Of It All

I am not perfect.  Yes, I have many flaws.  Day by day, I make every mistake under the sun.  For this reason, do I deserve love?  Am I worthy of it?  Or, do I have to be humiliated, be made to feel ashamed?  Who shall be the judge of humanity?

Unconditional love, simply put, is love without strings attached.  It is love that I have to offer freely.  I should not base it on what others do for me in return.  I simply have to love and want nothing more than their happiness.  

It is like the love my parents have for me or the love all other parents have for their own child.

Comparably, when it comes to friendship, how far can unconditional love go?  How do I know that I can engage unconditional love unreservedly?  For that matter, how much do I take the time to know about my state-of-being-friends with all my friends?  

Friendship is as important as any familial relationship.

Friendship is a combination of affection, loyalty, love, respect and trust.  It is based on mutual appreciation.  Friendship goes beyond just sharing time or culture or skin colour or orientation.

True friendship is when I know someone better and take a position in their interests, including in a crisis. Someone whom has your back, no matter what. A true friend will always have the best interest at heart.

I have to know that there is an important distinction between offering love and forgiveness and continuing to accept harmful actions.

Oh God, please guide me.  
I paint myself and all the situations with ice blue.
Let there be love, unconditional love, in me.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself