Gift Of Nature

"The greatest thing you'll learn is just to love and be loved in return."  This is such a beautiful sentence, taken from the song "Nature Boy".

Love is amazing and it is universal.  I am born of love.  Yet, I do not think much about it.  I take love for granted as much as I am accepting without question the air that I breathe.  Both sustain lives and yet I do not give them much thought.  Yet, I hardly think of them because they will always be available or stay exactly the same.

When was the last time I thanked Love and the Air?  When was the last time I said "Thank you" to all the things that are around me?

Have I thanked my wallet that houses the money, the important cards and that carries a photo of my loved ones?

Have I thanked my bed that gives me the good goodnight sleep?

Have I thanked my house that provides me with a safe home?

Have I thanked the green grass, the tall trees, the beautiful flowers for beautifying my world?

Have I thanked the wind that comforts my skin?

Have I thanked the water, the very substance that laid the foundation of creation?

I often forget that I am also a 'nature'.  So, when I lose connection to nature, I have lost my connection to myself too.  When I heal all that is around me, the living and non living things, I heal myself.  I have to acknowledge that everything is worthy of my appreciation and I have to be filled with gratitude towards them, constantly.

Thankfulness is not just good idea; it is what the Divine Creator desires for me to do.  Thankfulness is the gateway to walking in the joy of the Universe.  It is a gesture that I appreciate what God has created.

To all these beautiful things around me, I am sorry and please forgive me that I have taken you lightly when you are adding fullness to life.  I love you and thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself