The Sponge Mind

The mind is constantly adapting and continuously learning something new all the time.  Learning is the never ending process that continues till the day death happens.

How does my mind learn?  My mind is like a sponge.  Just as a sponge absorbs water and grows when it is wet, the brain absorbs knowledge and grows when it learns new things.  It soaks up huge amounts of knowledge from the basic five senses.  

The mind absorbs information from every sight, every sound, every smell, every taste and every touch.  Gathering data is a natural thing that the mind do.  It does it effortlessly, continuously and indiscriminately.

I need to be conscious of what I am allowing my mind to absorb.  Repetition is a mother of learning and whatever activities that I am repetitively doing will become me.  Should I keep watching TV series that's full of 'drama', I become 'drama' in my life too.  Should I keep listening to sad songs over and over, I will feel mellow perpetually in life.

What my mind soaks up unconsciously becomes reality in future.  It is the Law of Gestation where all seeds need to grow.  My environment influences my mind.  The things my mind sees are not just remembered; they form part of my BEing.  I become what my mind sees and hears.

The mind has an extraordinary capacity that takes whatever comes and these data become incorporated into my ways of life.  When I do not drain out what's not beneficial, feeling lost and confusion set in.  Only awareness can save me.  I cannot change something that I am not aware of.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself