Different Strokes

All humans have the mind, body and soul.  But, each human has his or her own beauty.  His or her own uniqueness.  His or her own idiosyncrasies and peculiarities.  His or her own belief system and values.  Each human is, indeed, special.

Everybody is the same.  Everybody is different.  Such, there are no two people who can be absolutely and completely alike.  Each one of us has some hard wired behaviours.  Each one of us goes through different ways of upbringing while living under the same world.

How do I live with differences?  I have to live for who I am and not by someone else's ways of lives.  When two people have beliefs or values that differ too much, it creates friction.  Friction, in itself, is not healthy.  It does not unite but divide.  Along the way, harmony is lost.

I have to accept that there will always be different strokes, different vibrations.  Though a healthy relationship involves compromise, I should not sacrifice my life and bend to someone's core principles and values.  Compromise is good when it makes people happier and better, but not the other way round.

Living to please others will not make me a complete human.  It makes me not to respect my own existence.  While it is nearly impossible to find two humans who do everything in exactly the same way, I have to find ways to narrow down the differences.  I have to find peace, and make peace, with my surrounding.

I have to learn to respect and accept differences.  At the same time, I have to be aware that core values cannot be negotiated.  Expecting others to change for me is selfish and unkind.  I should not wrap up in myself and be self serving.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself