Open Mind

When I want to hear others out, it is important that I have an open mind.  It is important that I listen and not to jump into any conclusions.  I have to hear out entirely and make an effort to understand.  When I commit to listen, I get to know better.  I should stay away to listen to reply.

The day I think I know everything is the day I have the most yet to learn.  It is good to engage in conversation with an open mind.  I have to respect the merit of what other people say.  I should avoid the temptation to immediately judge what someone else is saying from their own perspectives.

I have to be an open minded listener.  I have to leave my ego when I want to listen to others.  I have to be ready to be open to new ideas or new ways of thinking.  It is good that I throw away any pre-conceived notions.

A good communication is when I exercise empathy even when I may disagree.  Yes, I have my opinions on just about everything but when I am listening to others, it is good that I put myself in their shoes.  Any forms of pre-judging can lead to misunderstanding.

I have to be a good listener.  A good listener listens to understand.  A good listener listens with the heart and does not engage with the mind in judgemental listening.  Judgemental listening prevents me from getting fully engaged, from becoming a human and limits the scope of the conversation.

When I am lending my ears to others, I have to forget my own feelings.  Instead, I create space of love for others.  I have to allow myself to look for opportunities to share common ground.  That is the only way I can learn to grow.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself