Idiosyncrasy

Study says that by the time I reach adulthood, I have developed about 95 percent of traits and values from my childhood and adolescent years.  The traits and values which I acquire, develop and energize become habitual mannerisms, all learned from my external sources, since the age of one.  

What's left in my adulthood, to become fully of who I truly am, is a small percentage.  Largely, my external environment influenced the person I become today.

In such circumstances, I am the by-product of certain traits and values that might not be from my true self.  The external characteristics, habits and mannerisms are, sub-consciously, ingrained into my internal beliefs.

Ninety five percent is a big number.  It is as good that I have lived a life based on someone else's principles.  With such great percentage,  there is an absence of my true self identity.  The only way to claim back is to clean and erase the past errors.

Whatever the circumstances are, what is important now is that I am aware of my idiosyncrasies.  It is good that I am conscious and have knowledge of them.  Idiosyncrasies can be a bad social behaviour that impose on others.

When I own my idiosyncrasies and take responsibility to change them will lead me to become a better human.  The self acceptance acknowledges my complete imperfect self and provides better opportunities to build my true self.  

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself