Since You Been Gone

Yes, I do miss those who have gone before me.  So long I am alive, I will continue to miss them.  What they leave behind are beautiful treasured moments.  All the memories bring back more memories.  I am hanging on to them as they make me to cherish what's love is all about.  

They are gone because God loves them, more than I do.  Oh God, I humbly ask for forgiveness on their behalf and ask that they be cleansed, purified and released to the path of pure light.  May their souls rest in peace.

While I may not completely know the exact divine reason, their departure is about my life lessons.  I must learn from their death, for the secret of life is hidden in it.  Is it about acceptance?  Is it about the worth for life?  Is it about treasuring relationship?

The most important lesson is that my life goes on.  While it will never be the same, I should not let what's inside me to die.  

I have to remember them by showing kindness to the living.
I have to remember them by not to take love for granted.
I have to remember them by knowing that the Universe does not owe me anything.

I have to remember to be grateful for any blessings that I have.
I have to remember not to let anything slip away.
I have to remember nothing in life is permanent.

Nothing can help me to understand the fleeting beauty of life more than death.  Their departure is teaching me to welcome everything, that life happens.  I may not necessarily like what's arising or necessarily agree with everything that is happening around me, but I need to be willing to meet it.  And, to learn from it.

Since you been gone brings an opportunity for me to create a life with purpose and meaning.  It invites me to continue to explore and understand what it means to be alive; not just to cope with the lost, but to live.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself