The Waiting Game

 

When I sit and keep analyzing on the way I live everyday, I loose the joy of living life.  When I sit and just wait for things to happen the way I want them, I negate on my expectations.  

Most time, I wish there is something to happen to make things different.  But doing that, I forget that I have to take charge in life for things to happen.  Life is As Is and it has to be led to make it meaningful.

While it is true that "we are born to die someday", the duration in between birth and death is life.  This is a divine gift to be championed, in every good possible ways.  This is the one chance, as humans, to find purpose.  The journey in life is about learning to become more of who I am and to fulfill the highest, truest expression of myself as a human being.  

Nonetheless, there is the Law of Gestation that puts life on hold.  That, before the trees can bear the fruits, there is the period of waiting in between.  Does the wait tire a soul?  What can I do while waiting?   What is it that I am waiting for?  Is life about instant gratification?

Waiting creates space.  When taking it positively, it is the precious time where I get to be in touch with what is going on inside me.  It shapes the space to come to grips with what is important to me.  I shall not waste it by filling the space with dismay.

Waiting is a virtue towards patience.  It exists for that purpose.  While it may be true that the process of waiting is often linked to lacking something, waiting forces me to work with what I have in hand.  

It opens doors for something else to happen.  I have to see things around and inside me with different eyes.  While I wait and have to wait, it teaches me to let go the state of entitlement and pride.  

Yes, waiting can be hard, uncomfortable and inconvenient.  But, it can also be a good lesson on becoming more tolerance.  Once I can bend my head around the fact that waiting is a friend, I am no longer a slave to time.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself