Be The Better Me

 

I need to spend time everyday to reflect on who I am.  It will do me good should I am able to have adjectives to describe about me.  It is good that I write them down.  I have to be honest with all the bad and the good.  And, I need to admit that my attitude, behaviour or character is not all roses.

I should not allow my ego to guide me when I am reflecting.  I have to be truthful to my soul.  I should not let my soul be lied just because I need to look good to others.  Or to make myself sound good with all the adjectives describing me.

Everyday, I have to go through the list.  As I go through it, I have to take the time to reflect.  I need to think why I gain that adjective, or lack of.  The more I go through it, the more I can become aware.  Repetition is the mother of learning and that is how my consciousness shall evolve.

This exercise will make me to find about myself.  About my sense of purpose.  When I discover who I really am, hopefully, I shall have the knowledge by what Aristotle says in his quote - 'Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom'.

Finding about myself is not a self centered goal nor should it be a self indulgent exercise.  In order for me to be the better me, I have to know who I am.  My self identity, my true me.  When I know, it makes me to be a better friend, a better partner, a better son, the better person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself