From A Heart To Another

When I want to complain, I have to be mindful.  Complaining is an emotion signalling that I am unable to comprehend another's acts.  It is a lack of empathy on my part.  It is me jumping into conclusion.  Without full realization, it is the ego that says 'Hey, I am the good one.'

When I am full of annoyance about something, I must step up.  Not doing anything will not improve the situation.  It is useless, and a wasted energy, to continue to express dissatisfaction and insisting not to let things go.  Complaining, definitely, is not going to harmonize any situations.

Obviously I am affected when I am complaining.  What I am dismissing here, there are deep issues that I have not completely resolved within me.  It is always very easy to shift the blame elsewhere.  When I shift it, my ego does not get hurt.  This is the hard truth.

Instead of complaining, I have four alternatives.  

First:  I can stand up and I can voice up.  I can share what I think, though it may not be the right thing.  Sharing is caring.  As Steve Jobs once said 'Life is about creating and living experiences that are worth sharing'.

Second:  I can walk away.  Walking away does not mean a sign of disrespect.  The situation has nothing to do with me and I just happen to pass by.  Socrates says 'The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing'.

Third:  I can start to reflect.  All that happen outside me is a reflection of what is within me.  Every single person is reflecting parts of my consciousness back to me.  He/She is allowing me to see myself, to grow and to change my beliefs.

As Rumi says 'The truth was a mirror in the hands of God.  It fell, and broke into pieces.  Everybody took a piece of it, and they looked at it and thought they had the truth'.

Fourth:  From a heart to another, I can choose to listen without reacting, without judging, without trying to fix or without ruminate over it.  Love embraces all.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself