Tolerance

To tolerate is a great virtue.  Especially when life is surrounded with many differences, and of all kinds.  Especially when there are so many different choices to choose from.  Especially when humans' ways of lives are defined by their unique different backgrounds, customs, cultures and environments.

Tolerance makes life possible for all humans to co-exist peacefully.  It is an act that is required for living with diversity.  It is essential in which humans can lead their lives the way they wish.

Being tolerant opens a heart.  It means that I accept other people's opinions and their preferences.  Tolerance also means that I should not put my opinions above others to make myself looks good.

Do I have to tolerate?  When I cannot, it shows that I have an internal problem.  What I see in others exist in me too.  When I can resolve that, I shall understand being a human with a heart.

Do I have to keep on tolerating?  I have to ask myself if that makes me happier?  While I want to be with my values to stay happy, I have to find ways to evaluate them.  Are my values right to live in a peaceful society?

Not able to tolerate will make me with feelings of hate and suspicion.  Nonetheless, there is always a limit.  When a situation calls where I may no longer able to endure, the alternative is to rethink.  To give in and pretend to tolerate will only create more harm than peace.

I shall ponder on Paulo Coelho's (from his book 'The Zahir') words - "It is always important to know when something has reached its end. Closing circles, shutting doors, finishing chapters, it doesn't matter what we call it; what matters is to leave in the past those moments in life that are over."

I reach for Divinity's Hand.

I love you.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  Thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself