Don't Stop Learning

Every day is a good day for a good day.  Each day is a day where life strives to teach me with new things, new lessons.  I must have an open mind.  It is good to anticipate the good things.  Opportunities, as they come, do not just happen.  I have to take each day to create them.

Each day is teaching me how to live.  I have to teach myself to face it, with courage to begin and discipline to endure. I need to know what to choose between what I want and what I want most.  With such determination, victory becomes a matter of time.

It can be a busy, tiring day.  Or, it can be a happy, peaceful day.  Or, it is a sad, lonely day.  How the day goes by, with each day, is a gift.  It is how I perceive and live it.  Whatever I need to face, it is important to experience the day with positive mindset.

It will do me good should I wake up every morning with gentle reminder to myself.  I have to tell myself, and my Inner Child, that there is nothing wrong with us.  That, we have patterns to unlearn, new behaviours to embody and wounds to heal.

It must not be a ‘que sera sera’ attitude.  I have to take charge to make sure the day brings meaning to me.  True, we are advised to accept everything as it is.  What flows, flows.  What crashes, crashes.  What will be, will be.

There is huge difference, however, between doing something and thinking of doing something.  Doing that something is far more valuable than entertaining the thought of doing.  An hour of doing is far better than the ten hours of sitting down thinking.

It is wise not to cheapen words as action speaks louder.  It is a survival duty to take on the responsibility of creating a life that fosters growth and development.  When I act on my words, they feel valued and appreciated.

Overthinking is the biggest waste of human energy.  There is no such thing as perfect.  Is there ever a perfect thing?  I must avoid thinking of ways into perfection.  What I need to do is, simply, to take action.

Look within and I shall find myself.  Look back and I will gain experience.  Look forward and I will be greeted with hope.  Look around and I find reality.

Am I an eager student of Life?  Do I want to improve its quality?  What is knowledge to me?  Is it important to be an intellect?  How do I use knowledge or intellect to make the difference?

Rumi says ‘It is your road and yours alone.  Others may walk it with you but no one can walk it for you’.  I love this quote.  It connects well with my philosophy – ‘I come alone and I shall go home alone’.  Everything in between is my responsibility, between me and God but mine alone.

Should I internalize and take the quote seriously, then a good life lesson – where I can learn and take it to heart – will make me to walk my life wisely.  As I walk, I have to make the conscious effort to be happy, to be in the arms of joy and to be surrounded with peace all around.

Life, after all, is about creating who I am supposed to be.  Ah, but what is the primary purpose of life?  What is my thought on that?  Is it important that I know it?

Spiritually, the purpose of human life varies depending on each of our beliefs and philosophies.  It is said that the purpose of human life is to seek enlightenment, cultivate compassion and live in harmony with others and the world around.

You and I would probably have different take on it.  There is no wrong; there is no right.  What shall be wrong is the judgement we make against each other.  What shall be right is the peace that consolidates us all together.

It is said that the reason we are here (on Mother Earth) is to live, adapt, learn and grow.  A purpose of life is to continue to evolve.  Albeit what it is, I need to be here to be a good human to serve God in the name of humanity.  Ultimately, it is about my deeds, all my doings (through the ways I act, feel and think) to measure the end result.

But, before I could create myself, I need to find me.  I need to know what makes me happy.  I need to know what can and will motivate me to be different.  I need to know where I am going to.  Do I have good goals to look forward to?  Am I more than what I think I am?

Just to pray is not enough.  Prayers are good – they put us closer with God, but they require us to act upon them too.  I need to allow the divinity in prayers not to be an inert energy but to turn them into robust actions.

Dale Carnegie said ‘One of the tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living’.  It is good to ask myself good questions.  But, I should not be asking too much to stop me from having the joy to live. 

Questions are good but they have to be realistic.  Questions are to make me think and not presented to be argued.  Questions should not stress me.  To become too intellectual is to feed my ego. 

When I cannot find peace, it is because I am the one causing the problem.  I should ask myself ‘Why when there is problem, I am always there?’   Surely, I have a hand in it.  However, whatever that is happening around me, I should not take it personally.  Nothing others do is because of me.  It is because of their experiences before them.

One man’s meat is another man’s poison.  Whatever happens around me is the result of my choice.  I must never stop learning because life never stops teaching.  Knowledge will raise the consciousness but I have to be humble at all times.

There is a saying that goes, ‘No matter how big your house is, how recent your car is, how big your bank account is, our graves will be the same size’.  That goes with our life experiences too.  At the end of the day, we are still called ‘human’.

I am planting seed each day.  Gradually, this seed will grow into a bud.  Slowly and surely, it unfolds the petals.  Just like the seed, I need to learn to wait patiently for something inside me to open up.  Each day is a leap and I need to learn to take one step at a time.

All that I ought to do is to focus on what I can control and try to make peace with the rest.  When I am no longer able to change a situation, I am challenged to change myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Circle In The Sand

Stop Complaining

Learn To Value Yourself